The Overpowered album by Roisin Murphy was finally released this week. A special limited edition double coloured LP is going to follow in November. It’s the pop-dance-electro-disco (whatever you want to call it) album for fall. My favourite song seems to change every other day, right now it is Body Language, which you can not listen to here but here.
- Aaron-Carl and DJ E. Dubb – The Door (Original Mix) – Wallshaker
There is nothing better than an angry Aaron-Carl song.
“I don’t want you no more. Pack your shit. Here’s the door.”
- Jill Scott – Hate On Me (Shelter Vocal) – Restricted Access
Remixed by Quentin Harris. I’m always in on hater lyrics.
- Chuck Love – Beatdown (Jimpster Mix) – OM
If you can’t get enough of the forward pushing Jimpster sound, I suggest his remix of 400 Years by Bob Marley and the Wailers. Trippin’.
- Kanye West feat. Dwele – Flashing Lights – Roc-A-Fella
I still love the synth stabs on this one so much. It is the next single off Graduation. Is this the first time paparazzi is rhymed with Nazi?
“Till I get flashed by the paparazzi
Damn, these nigga’s got me,
I hate these nigga’s more than the Nazis”
- Moodymann – I’d Rather Be Lonely – KDJ
- Grand High Priest – Long Time Coming (GHP Vocal) – Re-House
Remix of A Change Is Gonna Come by Sam Cooke.
- Veronique – Use Me (Sunday Morning Dub, Afterhours Mix) – Wallshaker
Another stompin’ AC production. The dub is quite peak hour, for later or earlier, there is the Afterhours Mix.
- Marlon D – Jesus Creates Sound (Main Mix) – Strictly Rhythm
Don’t you love the cheesy “This is a journey into sound” sample, the hi-hats and cymbal clashes?
- Yass – He Reigns (Main) – Purple Music
Gospel in da house.
- Marvin Gaye – Music (Karizma Remix) – Rotgut Records