I hope it feels like a hyperhyperscooterupdate to you. The charts have 15 songs this month, a mp3 and I put pictures of our last Acid Records party online.
- Prince – Love – Universal
Prince had his first number one debut on the billboard charts with 3121 and hence he has to be #1 on my charts, too. This is my favourite song from the album.
- Colonel Abrams – Love on a Cutting Edge (Dance Vocal Mix) – Nardi
Entrancing house record I discovered in New York.
- Cajmere feat. Dajae – Say U Will (Original Mix) – Cajual #292
The Green Velvet Vocal Mix (from Cajual #293) is rockier, I can’t decide which one I like best.
- Kanye West feat. Twista & Keyshia Cole – Impossible
New Kanye for Misson Impossible 3.
- The National Trust – Kings and Queens – Thrill Jockey Records
Malo pointed me to this fantastic record. I always fall for a little bit of that funky Prince sound. Love the cover and the title.
- Jamie Lewis – It’s Over feat. Michael Watford (Main Mix) – Purple Music
Classic Michael Watford vocals & lyrics. Buy it at Purple Switzerland.
- Cheri – Murphy’s Law – Venture Records
Piranhahead pressed this 12″ into my hands when we went to a used record store in Detroit. I hadn’t heard the 1982 hit. I instantly fell for the great opening lines: “I hate to tell you, but I got a bit of bad news – I don’t love you no more” and the speed up background vocals.
- Tiga – The sultry songs from Sexor: Sir Sir Sir, (Far From) Home – PIAS
I didn’t like the album when I listened to it a few weeks ago but now I’m into the sultry songs.
- The Todd Terry Project – Weekend – various labels
Cover of the Leroy Burgess classic. Fantastic & hysterical mid-90ties Todd Terry beats.
- Journey Into Paradise: The Larry Levan Story – Rhino
A new Larry Levan compilation with songs he spun and remixes he did.
- Geiger – Talk To Me (from the Day 12″) – Firm
- Goldfrapp – Ride a White Horse (Ewan Pearson Disco Odyssey Parts 1 & 2) – Mute
15 min. of electro disco fun of which I like the first 6 min. best, guess this is Part I.
- Jens Friebe – Lawinenhund (Egoexpress Remix B Goddamned Bunker Edit) – EMI
Very techno for my taste, but anyway, it’s Jens Friebe. Most of the lyrics are stripped except for “Du warst begraben, in diesem gottverdammten Laden”. Handclaps.
- Coldcut feat. Robert Owens – Walk A Mile In My Shoes – Ninja Tune
- P!NK – Who Knew – LaFace
This is the obvious choice for the next single off the new P!NK album. Very catchy. Just checked her site and she is shooting a video for the song! Wow, can’t wait.
Buy Cheri, although I like the original album artwork to the left better.