The winter charts are heavily influenced by the parties that Viola, Georg and I organized in Cologne and Frankfurt. Piranhahead worked a lot of these wonderful records. As he would say: You can’t sleep on this.
- Cajmere feat. Dajae – Brighter Days (Underground Goodies Mix) – Cajual Records
This is one of my all time favourite house classics from 1992. I forgot about it until Pirahnahead played it in Frankfurt. I went crazy for the cut up vocals.
- Jamie Lewis presents Michelle Weeks – Be Thankful – Purple Music
Uplifting. This was one of Georg’s favourite records of the evening. Be thankful. Buy it online.
- Mary J. Blige – The Breakthrough – Universal
I’ve written about the album before. It’s on heavy rotation. Mary at her best.
- Sounds of Blackness – The Pressure (Classic 12″ Mix With Vocal Intro) – Perspective Records
Released in 1991 with lead vocals by Ann Nesby this is a classic gospel house record remixed by Frankie Knuckles. The intro is fantastic.
- Jill Scott – Not Like Crazy (K-Dope Woo Dubba Mix) – Dopewax
One of Viola’s favourite records of the Pirahnahead set. Unresistable beats and seducing vocals.
- Hot Chip – Just Like We (Breakdown) (DFA Remix) – EMI
No matter what they put out, I like it. Also fantastic: My Shit’s On Fire, from their recent Barbarian EP.
- Karizma Ft. DJ Spen – For the Love (of House) (Vocal Mix) – Code Red
- Ann Nesby – Shelter (Vocal Mix) – God’s House Records
Ann Nesby overload.
- Kanye West – Addiction (Terry Hunter & Kenny Dope Remix) – Dopewax
Kanye goes house.
- Kenny Bobien feat. Ann Nesby – Spread Love (Shelter Mix) – Soul Groove Records
Find a way to show somebody that you care.